Location of controls
You can find the controls of your DICKENS LIGHT PRO here:
The screen is a touchscreen and all functions are managed through the touch panel. It only has a front button at the bottom.
- Central button: The short press performs the Go Back function. The long press returns to the home screen.
- Power button
- USB port
- Micro SD card reader
This is the main menu of your DICKENS LIGHT PRO. Thanks to its touch screen you will access each function by clicking directly on each element. In the following points we explain each of the options:
In this option you will find a list of the most recent files you have been reading the last days, in this way you can access the books that you are reading in a more conveniently. Pressing on the sides gives access to the elements not visible on the screen.
The latest books added will appear here. Pressing on the sides gives access to the elements not visible on the screen.
By accessing this option, you will be able to see all the books that are in the internal memory of your DICKENS LIGHT PRO.
You can add books in 3 different ways:
- Using File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac): You can copy the books to the internal memory or to the memory card if you have one. You can create folders and sub-folders to sort the books however you like.
- Using Calibre: Calibre is an application for lovers of digital reading. It is available for Windows and Mac and you can find more Information in this article.
- Using Adobe Digital Editions: this is the application that will allow you to copy the books that you have bought or rented and that are compatible with Adobe DRM to your DICKENS LIGHT PRO. You can find more information in this article.
The reader provides a function to view images and photos in JPG, BMP, PNG and GIF formats.
By accessing this option, you will be able to see all of the images on the internal or external memory of the reader. To do this you will have to save the images that you want to view on the internal memory or the memory card.
From the file and folder explorer you can access any of the files that you have copied to the reader. At the bottom of the screen are the options and in the Menu option, you will see additional options to Search, Delete and View memory status.
With this option a search box with keyboard opens. Enter a search phrase , press OK to accept on the keyboard and OK to accept in the search box, and the books containing that phrase will be displayed. The search can be by title or author of the book.
This section contains other tools such as Calendar, Games, Electronic dictionary and Notes.
The Electronic dictionary contains several dictionaries with different languages, for consulting words or translating into English. Pressing top right on the current language icon allows the language to be changed. Pressing the text input box brings up a keyboard for entering the word to search. It is possible to switch between different keyboards by selecting the lower right key.
Select this option to configure the different parameters of the DICKENS LIGHT PRO:
- Refresh screen: To define after how many pages the screen refreshes.
- Energy settings: Set Auto-off and Standby ( Standby ).
- Date and time: To modify a parameter, click on it and use the lower controls on the screen to increase or decrease the value. Press OK to to accept.
- Format device.
- Default settings.
- Device Information.