Location of controls
You can find the controls of your DICKENS LIGHT 2 here:
- Previous page
- Next page
- Return to the main menu: press the key once in the main menu.
- Access the different sub-menus: press and hold the keyiin the main menu.
- Navigation key: allows scrolling through the menus. Its central button allows you to confirm the actions
- Power button
- USB port
- Micro SD card reader
This is the main menu of your DICKENS LIGHT 2. To navigate between the different options use the navigation key to scroll, accepting with the middle button. In the following points we explain the functionality of each option:
In this option you will find a list of the most  recent files you have been reading the last days, in  this way you can access the books that you are  reading in a more conveniently.
The latest books added will appear here.
By accessing this option, you will be able to see all the books that are in the internal memory of your DICKENS LIGHT 2.
You can add books in 3 different ways:
- Using File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac): You can copy the books to the internal memory or to the memory card if you have one. You can create folders and sub-folders to sort the books however you like.
- Using Calibre: Calibre is an application for lovers of digital reading. It is available for Windows and Mac and you can find more Information in this article.
- Using Adobe Digital Editions: this is the application that will allow you to copy the books that you have bought or rented and that are compatible with Adobe DRM to your DICKENS LIGHT 2. You can find more information in this article.
The reader provides a function to view images and photos in JPG, BMP, PNG and GIF formats.
By accessing this option, you will be able to see all of the images on the internal or external memory of the reader. To do this you will have to save the images that you want to view on the internal memory or the memory card.
From the file and folder explorer you can access any of the files that you have copied to the reader. Pressing the Menu option, you will see additional options to Search, Delete and View memory status.
With this option a search box with keyboard opens. Enter a search phrase , press OK to accept on the keyboard and OK to accept in the search box, and the books containing that phrase will be displayed. The search can be by title or author of the book.
This section contains other tools such as Calendar, Games, Electronic dictionary and Notes.
The Electronic dictionary contains several dictionaries with different languages, for consulting words or translating into English. Pressing the Menu function allows you to change the language. Within each dictionary, pressing the central button brings up a keyboard to enter words to search. It is possible to switch between different keyboards by selecting the lower right key.
Select this option to configure the different parameters of the DICKENS LIGHT 2:
- Refresh screen: To define after how many pages the screen refreshes.
- Energy settings: Set Auto-off and Standby ( Standby ).
- Date and time: To modify, use the navigation key, with the right and left scroll keys to select the parameter, and Up/Down to change values. The central button to accept.
- Default settings.
- Device Information.