Your Dickens is compatible with purchased or rented books that use Adobe's private copy protection technology.
In order to copy purchased or rented book to your Dickens, you must have an Adobe account, and download the Adobe Digital Editions application to your Windows PC or Mac. You can find the download link here (in English).
If you are using a Windows PC or Mac, follow the steps below:
- Download the selected book to your computer.
- The Adobe Digital Editions program will automatically open and download the file (if not, a window will appear to save or open the file.
- Click on the OPEN option to download the file.
- The file will appear in the Adobe Digital Editions application. Click on the LIBRARY option to see the list of files.
- Turn on the reader by pressing and holding the POWER key.
- When you see the main menu, connect the reader to the computer in the same way as explained in the previous sections.
You can find the most frequently asked questions about Adobe Digital Editionshere.
You must wait until the synchronisation finishes between the program and the reader for all the contents of the internal memory.
The program will show a screen to authorise the connected device. Select the AUTHORISE DEVICE option and then FINISHED.
Keep in mind that:
- You can activate the device with other accounts. Each purchased book is linked to the account with which it was downloaded.
- When you activate the device with another account you can only view the files linked to that account.
- In the menu on the left of the Adobe Digital Editions screen you can see your Dickens’ storage. To copy the file, simply drag the downloaded file to your Dickens storage.
- Disconnect the reader in the same way as explained above. You can read the DRM file from the Adobe Digital Editions folder of your Dickens from the EXPLORER option of the main menu.